Ways to Give
There are several ways to give to New Moms, whether they be through financial contributions, or through the gifts of goods or services.
The services and guidance provided by New Moms are made possible by your generous support.
New Moms is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. All donations are 100% tax deductible, and we strive to be good stewards of our resources, using contributions thoughtfully.
We have several options for giving, including:
- One-Time Gift: Make a one-time donation to New Moms.
- Monthly Giving Program: Consider enrolling in our monthly giving program, making it easy to support New Moms’ participant families year-round.
- Matching Gift: Find out if you can double or even triple your donation, through our Matching Gifts program. Many corporations match donations made by their employers. Please ask your employer’s HR department whether they will match a contribution to New Moms.
- Memorial or Honor Gift: Make a gift in memory or in honor of a loved one. Notifying options include e-card or a handwritten card.
- Gift Planning: Learn how to make a tax-saving gift through your will, trust, or estate plans.
- Gifts of Stock: New Moms gratefully accepts gifts of publicly traded stocks, mutual funds, treasury bills, and notes. Contributing long-term appreciated securities can help you and New Moms! In order to contribute stock to New Moms, you can transfer the asset electronically to our account, or send an endorsed stock certificate via registered mail. To make a stock contribution today, please contact Jack Brown of William Blair at 312-364-8843 or email@example.com
In-Kind / Goods Donations
Babies and young children come with a long shopping list! By contributing in-kind (goods) donations, you are directly providing essentials for families in need. Every donation, big or small, makes a great impact! You may donate in-kind items to New Moms in several ways:
- AmazonSmile – You can help the mission of New Moms when you shop our Amazon Smile wishlists, in which we’ll not not only get the items you give, but we’ll also get a percentage of what you spend! Shop for a specific program below:
NOTE: Please write your name and your organization’s name, as well as your street address and phone number in the “Gift Message” section once you have proceeded to the “Gift Options” page of the checkout process. This allows us to know who sent us a gift so that we may thank you!
2. Shop from our Wish List! – Download our Full Donation Guidelines and choose from our list of needed items to shop for our families!
3. Host a Donation Drive! – Enlist the help of the people you know to make an even greater impact and multiply your donations! Contact Lauren Callaghan (see Donation Guidelines below) to coordinate hosting a drive for your organization. Ideas for drives:
- Enfamil infant formula drive
- Diaper drive
- Toiletry drive
- Toy drive (mostly needed around Christmas-time)
- Food drive
4. Provide services! – Make use of your professional expertise & build your résumé by contributing pro-bono work to New Moms. A variety of professional skills could be needed at any time, such as:
- Graphic design
- Interior decorating
- Interior / exterior painting
- Professional organizing
- Condition: We are only able to accept donations of NEW, unopened, and unexpired items. Please be sure to double-check all labels on food and infant formula donations before donating. Why only new? Not everyone’s definition of “gently used” is the same, and so we want to ensure that our moms and their children are only receiving top quality items.
- Contact: Please email Lauren Callaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 773.252.3253 x107, prior to dropping your donation off, as all donations must be vetted. Donations may be dropped off or mailed directly to our Chicago location, at 5317 W. Chicago Ave. Donation drop off times: Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm. You may also contact Lauren for any in-kind donation questions and concerns.
- Participant Privacy: New Moms takes its responsibility to maintain the dignity & privacy of our participants seriously. Therefore, we do not introduce in-kind donors to our participants. If a donor would like to learn more about our programs or participants, we encourage donors to sign up for our eNewsletter, attend a special event, or register to become a volunteer.
- Full Guidelines: Please click here for a pdf of our in-depth guidelines, which includes our list of items needed.