We have regular opportunities and recurring projects that you can participate in at all of our three locations (Austin neighborhood, Garfield Park neighborhood, or Oak Park neighborhood).
If you have any questions, contact our Engagement Specialist (volunteer coordinator), Jane Rasweiler, at email@example.com or call 773.252.3253 ext. 135.
–> As of February 1, 2022, New Moms requires all staff and volunteers to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. We have a responsibility to provide a workplace free of recognized hazards and the goal of this policy is to protect everyone affiliated with New Moms and the broader community. This is in compliance with all applicable laws and based on guidance from the CDC.
Individuals: If you are interested in volunteering as an individual, you must first attend a virtual Volunteer Orientation via Zoom. After attending Volunteer Orientation, and passing the screening process (which includes two background checks), you are welcome to request one of our volunteer opportunities listed below.
Groups: With COVID safety protocols in place, New Moms has a few select opportunities for groups of 8 or fewer to volunteer with us. If you’re interested in a group volunteer opportunity, please complete an interest form, and our volunteer coordinator will reach out to you.
Click on the rows in the accordion to see volunteer opportunities and their description.
1) Childcare Associates: We’re bringing back childcare and we’re looking for regular volunteers to help at both our Chicago and Oak Park locations. We’d need support a couple of days a week and up to four evenings per week! Shifts are about 2 hours long.
2) Front Desk Ambassador: Help us connect with our residents and community! Front Desk shifts are 2-4 hours long at our Austin location. We have many open shifts available between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Duties include answering phone calls and emails, greeting guests, connecting people with resources, and accepting donations.
3) Cleaning Days: Within our New Moms facility we have a few Bright Spaces, which are areas for moms to do laundry and work while their children have toys and games to play with. These are always in need of a good cleaning. The days/times for this opportunity are flexible.
1) Gardening: Our Oak Park location has several outdoor spaces that require a bit of Spring Cleaning and planting. The days/times for this opportunity are flexible.
2) Cleaning Days: Within our New Moms facility we have a number of Bright Spaces, which are areas for moms to do laundry and work while their children have toys and games to play with. These are always in need of a good cleaning. The days/times for this opportunity are flexible.
New Moms (Chicago)
5317 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60651
New Moms (Western Suburbs)
206 Chicago Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
New Moms strengthens families by partnering with young moms as they progress toward housing stability, economic mobility, and family well-being. We envision a future where every young family thrives.