We have regular opportunities and recurring projects that you can participate in at all of our three locations (Austin neighborhood, Garfield Park neighborhood, or Oak Park neighborhood).
If you have any questions, contact our Engagement Specialist (volunteer coordinator), Jane Rasweiler, at email@example.com or call 773.252.3253 ext. 135.
–> Beginning February 1, 2022, New Moms will require all staff and volunteers to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. We have a responsibility to provide a workplace free of recognized hazards and the goal of this policy is to protect everyone affiliated with New Moms and the broader community. This is in compliance with all applicable laws and based on guidance from the CDC.
Individuals: If you are interested in volunteering as an individual, you must first attend a virtual Volunteer Orientation via Zoom. After attending Volunteer Orientation, and passing the screening process (which includes two background checks), you are welcome to request one of our volunteer opportunities listed below.
Groups: With COVID safety protocols in place, New Moms has a few select opportunities for groups of 8 or fewer to volunteer with us. If you’re interested in a group volunteer opportunity, please complete an interest form, and our volunteer coordinator will reach out to you.
Click on the rows in the accordion to see volunteer opportunities and their description.
1) Front Desk Ambassador: Help us connect with our residents and community! Front Desk shifts are 2-4 hours long at our Austin location. We have many open shifts available between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Duties include answering phone calls and emails, greeting guests, connecting people with resources, and accepting donations.
2) Childcare Associates: We’re bringing back childcare and we’re looking for regular volunteers to help out at both our Chicago and Oak Park locations. We’d need support a couple of days a week and up to four evenings per week! Shifts are about 2 hours long. Masking with a KN95 mask is required. (New Moms can provide the mask.)
3) Administrative Assistant: We are looking for someone with HR experience to help maintain files at our Transformation Center (5317 W Chicago Ave) or Bright Endeavors (W Carroll Avenue). This would entail filing items, printing papers, and making sure that all files are complete and accurate.
4) Bright Endeavors Fulfillment & Shipment Volunteers: Come help us pour, pack, and ship candles at our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, from 11am – 2pm on Mondays. This opportunity might require light lifting and masking with a KN95 mask is required. (New Moms can provide the mask.)
5) Cleaning Days: Within our New Moms facility we have a number of Bright Spaces, which are areas for moms to do laundry and work while their children have toys and games to play with. These are always in need of a good cleaning. The days/times for this opportunity are flexible.
6) Family Support Clerical Assistant: We are looking for a volunteer to help our Family Support team with organizing and streamlining files and records. This volunteer opportunity schedule is flexible, for a total of 6-10 hours a month. The ideal volunteer would be comfortable working corporate printers and creating labels (using Avery or similar product).
7) Essentials Assistant: We are looking for someone who would be able to volunteer for 2-3 hours per week, ideally on Mondays, to help out with our essentials program. Duties would include packing up essential items requested by participants such as diapers, wipes, formula, and various reward items.
1) Bright Endeavors Fulfillment & Shipment Volunteers: Come help us pour, pack, and ship candles at our social enterprise, Bright Endeavors, during the afternoon on Fridays. This opportunity might require light lifting and masking with a KN95 mask is required. (New Moms can provide the mask.)
2) Cleaning Days: Within our New Moms facility we have a number of Bright Spaces, which are areas for moms to do laundry and work while their children have toys and games to play with. These are always in need of a good cleaning. The days/times for this opportunity are flexible.
3) Food Fun: We are looking for 5 to 6 volunteers for a day of service TBD, dedicated to our love of food. In partnership with Beyond Hunger, volunteers will bag/box food for families in Chicago, then deep-clean freezers and refrigerators to ensure food safety. Finally, volunteers will spruce up New Moms’ emergency food pantry, discarding old items and organizing our shelves.
New Moms (Chicago)
5317 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60651
New Moms (Western Suburbs)
206 Chicago Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302